Welcome to Distribution Reimagined
LibDib has created a whole new way to navigate the Three-Tier system. Get ready to enjoy easy orders, new compliant distribution options and better margins. All in one straightforward, good-lookin’ online marketplace.
It’s easy. Seriously painless. It’s so straightforward, it’s kind of ridiculous. We call it Distribution Reimagined. And we think you’re gonna like it.
Instead of trucks and warehouses, we use the power of the internet, our distributor license, and creative shipping solutions to help us get stuff where it needs to go. We specialize in emerging brand distribution, and work with hundreds of suppliers.
This guide covers the basics of how LibDib works. Once you’re signed up, there are a ton of other resources waiting for you.
Let’s get started.
Get to market fast.
Distribution used to be tough to navigate. But today you can LibDib for fast and easy distribution.
LibDibbers are Makers who:
- Innovate/incubate new brands
- Access new markets
- Save on margins
- Own account relationships
Fill distribution gaps
- Get distribution fast
- Stop “Self-Dibbing”
- Have more time to sell
Expand to new markets
- Get to market quickly
- Access the top U.S. markets
- Expand your On and Off Premise business
You’re a LibDibber if...
- You need to incubate new products or open new markets, but have limited resources (or few “feet on the street”).
- You want to test smaller brands, products, or tasting-room-only offerings
- You’d like easy access to new markets
- You want to build on the business you already have
- You insist on transparency and control over your distribution placements
- You’re looking to distribute a product for the first time
- You’ve been “Self-Dibbing” — You know it’s tough and you're ready for a change
- A distributor ghosted you or dropped your brand, and you need to fill the gap immediately
Are you ready to LibDib?
Getting Started by Onboarding:
- Sign Up
- Add product information
- Price products in each market
- Provide compliance information
Onboarding starts the moment you sign up and most Sellers finish setting up their first products in 20 minutes or less. There’s no contract needed, no approval process to get started and no long-term commitment.
Entering products and creating a seamless shopping experience for your Buyers is easy with LIbDib templates. Just upload your information and images. Pricing is a straightforward calculation based on the desired wholesale price and shipping costs. While time to market varies based on each state’s requirements, in some states it can be immediate. Visit our How to Go Live in Each Market section for more details.
Any licensed producer or importer of wine and spirits can be a LibDib Maker. We also have a category for non-alcoholic products.
How to LibDib
LibDib is a fully licensed Three-Tier compliant distributor (just like our partner RNDC). Our technology allows Makers to submit orders online, which creates an online store for B2B (business to business) orders. LibDib handles the back end payment process and logistics assistance.
When an order is received
- Makers are notified via email, text, or platform notification (you choose or utilize them all!)
- LibDib sends the P.O. and LibShip shipping directions
- Makers are emailed a shipping label within 48 hours
- Makers go on LibDib to enter the tracking number and estimated date of delivery
- Payment terms begin once the product has shipped
There you have it, that’s how you LibDib! For more shipping details go to our LibShip page
Secure Distribution with Four Simple Steps
1. Join LibDib
- Create free account
- Upload state and federal TTB licenses
- Choose markets
- Add brand(s)
- Price product(s)
2. Go Live
- Follow the steps to Go Live
- Invite buyers to shop online
- Sell virtually or in person
- Use digital tools to process orders and engage with customers
- Receive order alerts
- Follow shipping instructions
- Ship within 48 hours
- Track delivery
4. Build relationships
- Connect directly
- Expand points of distribution
- Develop relationships
LibDib’s digital tools
Empower your distribution via LibDib’s digital tool kit.
Discounted shipping delivered to your inbox.
Submit orders wherever, whenever.
Get immediate and detailed insights into sales data.
Keep track of and communicate with Buyers.
Send suggested orders to Buyers
Nitty Gritty Details
Pricing is one of the most important considerations when entering any market. In general, the selling price is the traditional “FOB” price, plus LibDib’s margin, and the dock and delivery fees (where applicable).
With LibDib’s lower margin and cost-effective shipping options, Makers find they can make more money with LibDib’s distribution model.
For more pricing information read our Maker Pricing Guide.
Reimagining distribution means thinking outside the box.
Instead of typical in-person distributor sales reps, LibDib Makers do the selling. You work the market and own your relationships. Buyers want to hear your authentic story directly from you!
LibDib empowers Makers by assisting with many sales rep functionalities — and it’s all done digitally, with our top-notch tech.
If you’re working the market and want to make a sale right there, just process a Digital Order. If you have a contact who you want to invite to LibDib, invite them and we’ll do the work to get them up and running.
Buyers get to know your products. They can curate, make lists, and connect with you directly. Reorders are simple. Depletion and reporting functions are intuitive and hassle-free.
Margins and Fees
There’s no cost to list products with LibDib, and we don’t charge minimums. In fact, we only get paid if something sells. LibDib earns an average 14 – 20% margin on each sale, depending on the product and market.
Makers are responsible for the cost of shipping. Typically, Makers include this in their 'Maker Price’. Our in-house shipping program, LibShip, makes shipping cost-effective, even for long distance packages. For more information go here.
In certain markets, a “dock and delivery fee” will be added to the Selling Price. This fee covers the “last mile of delivery” where applicable, and varies by market and product. Fees by state can be found under the MARKETS tab in LibDib.
In most cases, LibDib pays the state excise tax out of our margin. However, there are exceptions. In California, in-state wineries are responsible for paying tax to the state of California. In Wisconsin, all Makers are responsible for paying tax to the state of Wisconsin. Taxes will depend on the markets you are in. Current information can be found inside LibDib, and we recommend Makers consult their compliance experts.
LibDib pays Makers 60 days from the time of shipment. The sooner your product ships out, the sooner you get paid! LibDib invoices Buyers, and terms vary in accordance to regulations by market.
Our Makers are paid with Bill.com, a third party service. Simply set up a free account and enter banking information to get paid via ACH or check.
For more information on fees, taxes, and payments go here.
There are two ways to submit an order:
1. Buyers can sign up and purchase around the clock, thanks to LibDib’s ecommerce experience.
2. Makers can submit orders on behalf of a Buyer anytime, anywhere, on any device via:
- Online (digital orders)
We also take orders from Buyers via PO or EDI.
For more details visit our shipping page.
Orders must be shipped via LibShip, our flat rate shipping program that saves you time and money. LibShip utilizes FedEx to offer simplified pricing, automated tracking, enhanced features, and overall ease of use. Makers report an average savings of 50% compared to standard FedEx. For more information go here.
Once an order is received, LibDib sends shipping details (this typically includes a prepaid label to attach to the box). Once the label is attached, Makers ship or schedule a pick up. LibDib bills Makers monthly for delivery, purchased labels, and any applicable pick up fees.
Pallets & LTL Loads
FedEx Freight & Payment responsibilities for pallets can vary by state. Here's a quick breakdown of how it works in each market.
In California, Colorado, Illinois, and Wisconsin: Makers can use any freight option to deliver pallets to LibDib’s warehouse. Makers pay for shipping from their warehouse to ours, and LibDib pays for the final delivery to retail.
In Florida and New York: LibDib controlled freight is mandatory to ship to retailers. There is no flat rate. LibDib will secure a price quote once an order is placed. Makers will be billed for the freight from LibDib.
LibDib doesn't work like a traditional distributor. We don't purchase pallets, store them in warehouses, or deliver them on trucks. Instead, LibDib purchases products from Makers (often "one-case-at-a-time"), and Makers ship directly from their facility on behalf of LibDib.
Still, some Makers are interested in storing product at a warehouse — and LibDib has a strong network of partner warehouses, so you can use LibDib's contacts and form your own relationships. The process will be slightly different depending on the provider. For the most up to date cost on warehousing rates and storage fees, contact the warehouse directly. If you have questions, reach out to our team directly at: email@example.com
Makers can enter any market where LibDib is licensed to distribute alcohol. The route to market and time to set up distribution varies by state.
Here’s a general idea of the current path to market in each state.
Download our Go Live Guides for wine and spirits in each state.
- Est. time to market: Immediate for wine, 2 months or less for spirits.
- Compliance: None needed for wine. Type 28 license required for spirits.
- Est. time to market: 2 months or less for both wine and spirits.
- Compliance: Importer’s license, work with an importer, or become your own importer. Products must be registered prior to shipping into Colorado using Product Registration Online: productregistrationonline.com
- Est. time to market: 1–2 days.
- Compliance: Register your products online with Florida ABT.
- Est. time to market: 60 days or less.
- Compliance: Must have an Illinois Home State License or secure a Non-Resident Dealer’s License, register each product for sale, and appoint LibDib as the distributor.
- Est. time to market: 60 days or less.
- Compliance: Price posting and brand registration.
- Est. time to market: Quickly!
- Compliance: Out of State Permit required.
The Buyer Experience
It’s free and easy for Buyers to sign up on LibDib.
Buyers can view LibDib's online book by signing up with basic information. There's no obligations or hidden fees.
LibDib is an online marketplace where Buyers can browse, order, and pay for products. Any licensed restaurant, bar, or retailer in our licensed states can purchase online. LibDib works with Makers to deliver products in a compliant manner.
Our online store is organized by product types. There are dozens of filters to assist in the discovery and purchasing process. Buyers can create favorites lists, and Makers can send reorder reminders. Buyers can also sign up for SMS order notifications to receive real time updates on orders.
When Buyers are ready to purchase they navigate to their shopping cart and submit their order.
LibDib Mobile App
WHAT DOES THE APP DO?
The app works just like LibDib’s online store. Buyers add products to their shopping cart, check out, and receive their usual invoice.
It’s like a digital rep in their pocket. Buyers can:
• Browse, reorder, and review order history.
• Buy what they want, when they want.
• Build lists to manage favorites, and plan purchases based on seasonal needs.
• Set reorder reminders for 1-click restocking of fast movers.
Republic National Distributing Company
In 2019, LibDib joined forces with RNDC, the nation’s second largest distributor. RNDC and LibDib share data and technology to provide Makers and Buyers with market access, selling tools, and powerful distribution offerings. | erndc.com
Operations and B2B Partnerships
The American Spirit Exchange and Park Street
LibDib has partnered with American Spirits Exchange (ASE) to provide Makers with assistance with compliance, business operations, and warehousing solutions. This creates a turnkey solution to distribute to new markets. | americanspiritsltd.com | parkstreet.com
Edge Beverage Consulting
LibDib is partnered with Edge Beverage to allow emerging wine and spirits brands to more easily secure placements in large and regional chain stores. As part of the partnership, LibDib Makers now have the opportunity to present their products to chain stores via Edge’s consulting services. | edgebeverageconsulting.com
How to Join
Are you a LibDibber? Here’s how to get set up.
- Sign up for free. No contract. No application.
- Enter your info.
- Upload your licenses.
- Create your brand page. Set your pricing. Be awesome.
Start today by clicking here to sign up.
Connect with LibDib
Connect with LibDib on Social Media
- Facebook facebook.com/LiberationDistribution
- Instagram instagram.com/lib_dib
- LinkedIn linkedin.com/company/libdib-inc.
- Twitter twitter.com/lib_dib
Questions? We’ve got your back.
Feel free to email us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us an old fashioned phone call at 844.542.3421